We are in our next growth phase and are adding a new Computer Technician to our team.
- Recondition IT assets using OceanTech qualified and documented processes for remarketing to consumer
- Perform diagnostics of IT assets ranging from PCs, laptops, and some networking
- Identify, troubleshoot, and replace various parts and components (motherboard, palmrest, RAM, LCDs, etc.).
- Accurately identify and collect system information such as CPU, RAM type, Hard Drive size & type, screen resolution, etc.
- Under supervision, may assist in the destruction of data using data destruction software
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A+ Certification and N+ Certification is preferred
- Associates degree in a technical field (i.e. Information Technology, Computer Science, etc.) with either an academic or experiential orientation toward IT refurbishment/ITAD/desktop support a plus
- 1+ years benchwork experience on fixing/repairing: PC Hardware, laptop hardware, Apple products, networking equipment and hardware diagnosis systems in consumer electronics or related industries preferred
- Familiar with Data Destruction technologies, (Experience is a plus)
- Working knowledge of network, PC operating systems, and core software applications
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- A work environment that is supportive. You are not a number here.
- Entrepreneurial workplace culture
- M-F 9am to 5pm schedule
- Business casual dress code
- Technology discounts
- 50% healthcare reimbursement after a 90 day probationary period
- 401k Plan
OceanTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics