E-waste represents ~2% of American trash in landfills. We want to change that.
OceanTech is looking for a creative Content Writer to help us in creating interesting, educational, and entertaining content about our industry and technology. Want to help the environment and get some good industry experience… this Content Writer position might just be for you!
The goal is to aid in building and extending the OceanTech brand, generate revenue, and support the sales and service teams to strengthen market position.
The ideal candidate will have 1 year of experience in B2B writing experience, knowledge of analyzing SEO and other Web metrics to develop compelling content that grows traffic and reaches current and new audiences.
- Write effective content across various platforms including; web-based content, blogs, press releases, newsletters, and writing for SEO
- Assist with development and implementation of Content Marketing strategy to improve brand and site authority
- Develop, manage, and execute SEO strategy
- Continue to stay up-to-date with emerging trends in the content, copywriting, marketing, SEO, SEM, and technology fields
- Identify new areas of growth for content and copy
- Manage PPC campaigns (Google Ads)
- Manage social media presence (LinkedIn, Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or other related degree, preferred
- 1+ years of content writing experience for marketing engagement purposes, with a portfolio of work
- Strong grammatical skills and experience using and creating style guides for high-level proofreading
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be a self-starter with strong motivation and desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Experience developing and executing strategies including; SEO / SEM, social media, and optimization of campaign performance a plus!
- Experience working with marketing automation and CRM solutions
- Experience with Google AdWords
- Must be flexible, resilient and open to change
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and continually manage multiple demands
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in an office environment located in Eden Prairie, MN
- Ability to stand/walk/move for 8 hours each day
WHY WORK FOR OCEANTECH?
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we’re the place for you! OceanTech will offer a very competitive salary, competitive PTO, health insurance reimbursement (up to 50%), seriously amazing discounts on IT gear, as well as an entrepreneurial work environment in Eden Prairie.
Interested? Apply now!
Qualified candidates can apply by sending a resume, cover letter (including salary expectations) by following the prompts below.
No relocation. (EOE)