Do you enjoy making the world a better place to live?
Can you see yourself helping eliminate the over 2% eWaste that goes into American landfills?
If so, this new Business development and Sales Account Rep role will be a perfect fit for you!
You will play a significant role in new business development and learning the IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) Industry. You will build relationships with new and existing clients, all the while, increase value to each customer. We are an industry leader in providing services and returning value to our clients through reconditioning their used IT Assets. You will use lead generating tools to source new business and nurture existing customers.
If you love connecting with IT professionals and decision makers and have a strong passion for technology while solving a global eWaste issue, this new opportunity at OceanTech location in Eden Prairie, MN is for you!
The Account Executive is responsible for growing and managing the ITAD business relationship between OceanTech and its clients. Further, the incumbent is responsible for identifying key stakeholders in IT Operations, IT Asset Management, Finance, and Procurement, etc. forging relationships to broaden awareness and engagement in our solutions. A key responsibility is identifying the critical business issues of each customer in order to proactively problem solve with them and maximize our value to each relationship.
- Develop business through networking and sales calls (i.e. 60+ calls a day!) with the goal of connecting with a minimum of 10 business conversations with prospects/clients a day
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of OceanTech service offerings to position our services and benefits effectively to prospects/client
- Seek out and solve problems with each client to establish our relevance, value and competitive differentiation
- Manage assigned mid-higher volume clients and build and maintain client relationships
- Serves as a primary resource for the assigned client by managing the account on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction
- Performs ongoing analysis of assigned business managed by analyzing the client financial performance.
- Build, maintain and sustain relationships with assigned clients
- Plan and run key stakeholder review meetings, in-person or online, for each assigned account in order to elevate client engagement with a wide range of decision makers and influencers
- Manages special projects needed to meet client objectives
- Communicate directly with client contact regarding status, issues, delays, questions, etc.
- Represent and expand the client’s connection to OceanTech Brand through a knowledgeable, personable and professional demeanor
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional support teams that serve OceanTech clients
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required
Education and Experience;
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field, preferred
- 2+ years of account management and new business development experience required- – ideally in B2B with a relationship-based / consultative sales services approach
- Proven experience in generating leads and net-new opportunities in a high call – volume environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and possess the ability and willingness to learn new software
- Experience with ERP/CRM software and ability to maintain accurate customer records, required
- Ability to provide Superior Customer Service across both internal and external clients
- OUTSTANDING phone presentation & communication skills are required
- Technologically astute or possesses ability to learn new technology in an expeditated manner
- Dependable, “people” person with a positive “can do” attitude and exceptional customer service who is courteous, cooperative and professional when dealing with others.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple changing priorities – -and prioritize your work effectively
- Ability to work independently without close supervision in a team environment
- Must be flexible, resilient and open to change
- Excellent listening/interpersonal skills & welcomes a team-friendly environment
- Legally permitted to work in the United States for any employer
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, office environment located in Eden Prairie, MN
WHY WORK FOR OCEANTECH?
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we’re the place for you!
OceanTech can offer competitive salary, production bonuses, competitive PTO, 401k, health insurance reimbursement (up to 50%), serious discounts on IT gear, and a goal oriented yet casual entrepreneurial work environment!