Are you an IT wizard searching for a new opportunity in Eden Prairie? Do you enjoy utilizing a high degree of technical knowledge in provisioning, configuration, operation and maintenance of Windows desktops, software and related infrastructure? If so, our IT Systems Administrator role at OceanTech may be just for you!
In this role, you will become the point of contact for OceanTech employees to solve issues related to their day to day IT operations. You will also work directly with the CTO and development team to design and implement improvements and efficiencies to current IT Processes and infrastructure.
- Provide technical support using various communication channels including phone, email, remote assistance, and in person
- Use internal tools to create and manage support tickets, and maintain our support knowledge-base
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Install and configure software using the appropriate tools, licenses, automatic scripts
- Identify and document security, network, and infrastructure incidents using the internal ticketing software
- Keep user environments up to date (Windows Updates, Software updates)
- Manage our Active Directory and Group Policies
- Maintain our virtual servers and related infrastructure
- Design and implement new internal services to support a growing company needs
- Create or Update documentation for various software that we use internally
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in a technical field (i.e. Information Technology, Computer Science, etc.) a plus
- 1+ years Windows Server Administration experience, req’d
- A+ Hardware or Software Certification, a plus
- Confident MS Office Skills (Strong understanding of Windows 7 and 10), required
- VMWare ESXi, VirtualBox knowledge
- Cisco iOS serial/command line experience
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills & welcome a team-friendly environment
Qualifications and Competencies
- Good understanding of remote desktop technologies
- Understanding of Cisco Phone based network
- Understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Able to keep information confidential
- Overall tech savvy and intellectual curiosity a plus!
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Attention to detail is a must
- Must be flexible, resilient and open to change
- Must be a self-starter with strong motivation and desire for continuous learning and improvement
Physical and Other Requirements
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in an office/warehouse environment located in Eden Prairie
- Valid driver’s license or ability to travel between our 2 sites (Eden Prairie and NE Minneapolis) may occasionally be required
- Ability to stand/walk/move for 8 hours each day & perform physical labor (lift up to 50 lbs)
WHY WORK FOR OCEANTECH?
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we’re the place for you! OceanTech will offer a very competitive salary, competitive PTO, health insurance reimbursement (up to 50%), seriously amazing discounts on IT gear, as well as a fun, entrepreneurial work environment in Eden Prairie
Interested? Apply now!
Qualified candidates can apply by sending a resume, cover letter (including salary expectations) by following the prompts below.
No relocation. (EOE)