Environmental Health and Safety Policy
OceanTech is committed to the continual improvement of our environmental, health and safety performance. It is OceanTech’s policy to meet or exceed all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, and to address responsible standards and practices where laws and regulations do now exist.
OceanTech is committed to reducing the impact of our activities on the environment and assisting to reduce theirs by encouraging them to use our recycling services, and to protect the health and safety management system to continuously improve our environmental, health and safety performance. In an effort to continously improve our performance, top management periodically sets environmental, health, and safety objectives for improvement and reviews the progress made on them throughout the year.
In order to meet this commitment OceanTech will pursue the following objectives:
- We will ensure compliance with all applicable environmental legislation and regulations and with the environmental standards ISO 14001:2015 and R2:2013.
- We will manage used and end-of-life electronic equipment based on a reuse-recover-dispose hierarchy or responsible management strategies.
- We will reduce emissions, prevent pollution, and minimize waste.
- We will reduce consumption of natural resources.
- We will eliminate hazards and reduce environmental risks wherever possible.
- We will minimize noise and other nuisances.
- We will ensure the security and secure destruction of our customer’s sensitive data.
- We will continually assess our environmental performance.
- We will continuously seek to improve our operations and the service we provide to our customers.
- We will make available the necessary resources to achieve these objectives.
- We will make our environmental information available to interested parties and seek to raise awareness of environmental matters within our workforce, our community, and with our suppliers and customers.
OceanTech is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees and visitors. Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and regulations and with the health and safety standards of ISO 45001:2018.
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain a safe work environment and equipment.
- To eliminate hazards and reduce health and safety risks wherever possible.
- To ensure safe handling and use of equipment and materials.
- To provide information, instruction, and supervision for employees.
- To ensure that all employees are able to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- To prevent accidents, injury, and cases of work-related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.