Are you an ITAD technician/refurbishment/PC technician/technical support or otherwise an IT tech wizard looking to continue to use your skills in reconditioning of hardware and have fun in a casual environment? Then Ocean Tech is the place for you!! We’re looking for a new IT Technician who is looking to continue to learn new technologies and produce amazing results.
This IT Technician will be tasked with completing reconditioning and helping re-create value for our customers out-of-date; networking equipment (switches, routers), PCs, laptops, printing, and scanning equipment for wholesale and enterprise resale. Further, this IT Technician may assist in the destruction of data from enterprise customers.
- Recondition IT assets using Ocean Tech qualified and documented processes for remarketing to consumer
- Perform diagnostics of IT assets ranging from PCs, laptops, and some networking equipment, printer/scanners
- Under supervision, may assist in the destruction of data using data destruction software
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A+ Certification and N+ Certification is preferred
- Associates degree in a technical field (i.e. Information Technology, Computer Science, etc.) with either an academic or experiential orientation toward IT refurbishment/ITAD/desktop support a plus
- 1+ years benchwork experience on fixing/repairing: PC Hardware, laptop hardware, Apple products, networking equipment and hardware diagnosis systems in consumer electronics or related industries preferred
- Familiar with Data Destruction technologies, (Experience is a plus)
- Working knowledge of network, PC operating systems, and core software applications
Other Qualifications & Competencies
- Physical requirements; ability to stand/walk/move for 8hours each day & perform physical labor (lift up to 70 lbs)
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills & welcomes a team-friendly environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Continual learning to update your knowledge relative to your profession
- Attention to detail is a must
- Must be flexible, resilient and open to change
- Must be a self-starter with strong motivation and desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment located in Eden Prairie, MN
WHY WORK FOR OCEANTECH?
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we’re the place for you!
OceanTech can offer very competitive salary, production bonuses, competitive PTO, health insurance reimbursement (up to 50%), serious discounts on IT gear, and a fun casual entrepreneurial work environment!