WipeOS, part of the OceanTech family, was founded to create one simple solution for permanently wiping data from any storage device in a manner that offers complete transparency to users and is certified to most well-known international standards. The unique network boot feature offers a simple solution for diagnostics, erasure, and reporting for one or thousands of media storage devices regardless of the type or interface on the network connected to a single WipeOS appliance. Reporting is accessible via secure portal to multiple users.
This software engineer will have the opportunity to work with a large variety of storage arrays, servers and other data containing equipment. This person will play a significant role in scaling the platform to meet the needs of our enterprise clients.
What you’ll do:
Work closely with existing team (Product Manager & Other Developers) to add new features and enhance the existing ones.
Use your Python, C++ & Java skills to bring fresh new ideas on how to solve problems.
Our Ideal candidate:
• Good understanding of how Hard Drives, Raid controllers and how their Firmware works.
• 5+ years Linux Sever experience
• Expertise with Python & C++
• Good understanding of server level networking
• Good knowledge of Django Framework
• Basic understanding of version control (Git, Subversion, etc)
• For Python, strong understanding of classes, dictionaries, and lambda functions
• Node.JS experience is a plus
When you apply online following the prompts below, please include your resume and cover letter which will need to include a link to your public portfolio of previous work.
Your portfolio can be a link to a version control website (such as GitHub or Bitbucket) if your source is publicly available, or it can be a link to your personal website that contains a list of projects.
We would prefer being able to read your source to understand your coding practices, but there are obviously times that someone will work on proprietary software.
What we offer: (after 90 day probationary period)
• Very competitive salary based on experience
• Production bonuses
• Fun entrepreneurial work environment
• Very competitive Vacation / PTO
• 8 Day of Paid Company Holidays
• Health insurance reimbursement of 50%
• No red tape or corporate nonsense
• Great workplace amenities